Cannot email Evernote account from Office 365 email

Margaret Auld-Louie

Idea

We cannot send email to Evernote from our work email which is in Office 365. The NDR shows an AlgorithmMismatch error. Microsoft tech support says this is because the remote side (Evernote) does not support TLS 1.2. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it true that Evernote does not yet support TLS 1.2? If so, are there any plans to support it in the future? I'm in IT and have a user that wants me to fix this, but I can't fix it if the problem is at Evernote's end. We do not have a business Evernote account, so I have no way to contact Evernote tech support. The user is using her personal Evernote account and is wanting to send emails from work to her Evernote account.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Well, I just checked. I am using 3 different mail providers, they all use TLS 1.2, and my mails are received in EN, no sweat.

Some time ago I had a problem that my mails were not received in my EN account. To sort this out I needed EN support. They didn’t really tell what they did, but I assume they had some filtering going on, and needed to whitelist my accounts.

So I would not ask the forum, ask support.

• Level 5

Find the mistake: …work e-mail … not a paid account …

IMHO the use of this combination happens at ones own peril. To solve your current issue, you could subscribe for a month and sort things out together with support. As I said I think Microsoft is wrong about TLS - but to see what happens to the emails access to the EN server is probably the best way.

It's not the company I work for using Evernote. It's the individual user. She decided to use Evernote to manage things. I believe she has a personal, paid Evernote account, probably using her personal email address. And then when she can't send from her work email to Evernote address, she opened a ticket with IT (me) to fix it. Evernote is not something we use or support as a company. I'm just trying to be nice to the user and fix the issue if I can. Since this is not company-supported or approved software, we're not going to purchase a subscription to fix an issue for a single user. I did set up an free Evernote account for myself, too, but that was just for testing purposes. I reproduced the user's issue--I cannot send email from my work email account to my Evernote address either. I was just hoping I might find an answer on the forum here. But if not, that's OK. 

• Level 5

OK, fine with me (I am just another user, I  don’t care if somebody pays or not), thanks for explaining.

As I said, when I had emails vanish (from all of my accounts, hosted by different providers), I needed support to get them unlocked. They got the mail addresses I used to send them, copies of the mails and went to search for them. Took some days in total, and several mails exchanged with support.

Personally I don‘t think that content from a company mail account should be send to a private EN account anyhow (for compliance reasons), but if the user can make you dance his dance, he is probably to high up in the hierarchy to discuss this with him.