Evernote constantly asking me to update after every restart even though I updated it

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I seem to have fallen into a loop where Evernote is asking me to download and install update even though i had already updated it multiple times.  Now when I agree to the request, it keeps installing the same update and says it was successful.  And yet on next restart, it again asks me to download and install updates.  What gives?

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, kkrathi said:

I seem to have fallen into a loop where Evernote is asking me to download and install update even though i had already updated it multiple times.  Now when I agree to the request, it keeps installing the same update and says it was successful.  And yet on next restart, it again asks me to download and install updates.  What gives?

I believe this is what we in the technical community refer to as 'something bad happened with the update'.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from Evernote.com?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 3:06 PM, gazumped said:

I believe this is what we in the technical community refer to as 'something bad happened with the update'.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from Evernote.com?

No bueno.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  It behaved nicely for couple of days.  Then it went back to asking if I wanted to update to latest version.  I thought there genuinely was a latest version.  So I said yes  It "installed and updated".  Next time I restart Evernote, it again asks me the same.  And it was the same install.  And ever time the computer restarts or evernote app restarts, it keeps asking me.  Frustrating.  What am I missing?  I want to avoid a complete uninstall and wipe of database if it could be helped.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
57 minutes ago, kkrathi said:

I want to avoid a complete uninstall and wipe of database if it could be helped.

Sadly,  that's the next logical step.  You can't "wipe" the database - it's actually saved on Evernote's servers in the cloud and will be reinstalled/ re-downloaded once you remove and reinstall the app - but this time it will take a little longer.  Use Revo Uninstaller Free to zap your installation - that will remove the files that ordinary uninstalls leave behind,  then restart and reinstall...  That should cure your issue