Compressed Task View

manifold1978

Idea

I have a lot of notes that are just there for a single task. Like a forward email that I need to do something with.

A result of this is that Task view can look a little cluttered with its expand/collapse for each note.

I'd really like to see this compressed (or at least an option to do so) with just one task after another, without the note title above. Then maybe just a button to click to the right of each task that takes you to the note for context.

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

Yeah I understand that matter. It do look a lot when you have single tasks that add on to a whole list. I personally like the app Things where you can see a pie chart on how much is finished. 

And besides that, there is a drop down element in the left menu at every note. But when you have multiple mail and there is only one task I think that you must train to use the overview in an own way. You can filter on new/old ones so the technique is ready for your work method. 

I really try to use Tasks. The combination with the notes for a trip or work does work quite well. Only you need to be able to complete a list like Things does. Completely true that they must enhance the tooling. And no irritation what so ever, this is still the first version 

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Currently I use Things 3 as well (Apple devices only). EN will have to improve Tasks until a change makes sense for me.

Furthermore Things is purchased software, so no further running cost once installed.