Scrolling is a bit jumpy in Edit mode

When working in a note, the scroll is not very smooth 

a) when you are tapping on a note to show the keyboard, 
b) and also when you hide the keyboard (bottom right button on iPad) 

E.g. for a)
  1. I write a note of about 20 lines long on iPad 10.5 inch.
  2. Open the note in full screen, and tap at the bottom of the note.

Expected behaviour: the screen shows the keyboard if there is space. If there is not enough space for keyboard yet, it scrolls you down smoothly before showing the keyboard.

Actual behaviour: The screen cuts to the right position, then it re-scrolls you down to that position, which is disorientating. 

When you tap to hide the keyboard, there is no animation to scroll you back. It just cuts you to the position with the keyboard gone.

I uploaded two videos to illustrate, both for showing and hiding the keyboard. (Sorry the second video is cropped at the end to meet upload limit)

Device: iPad Pro 10.5 inch

iOS version: 14.6

Evernote version: 10.12

• opalunicorn changed the title to Scrolling is a bit jumpy in Edit mode
  • Level 5

What I see it repositions the screen when the soft keyboard is moving in or out.

Because the keyboard overlays the active window, the text needs to move to have the cursor right above the keyboard.

Personally I don’t see a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 4:12 AM, PinkElephant said:

What I see it repositions the screen when the soft keyboard is moving in or out.

Because the keyboard overlays the active window, the text needs to move to have the cursor right above the keyboard.

Personally I don’t see a problem.

Yeah I expect the text to move so that there is space for the keyboard. But it shouldn’t scroll you down twice, though, to phrase it another way. You can see this in the duration of the first two seconds of each of the videos. As you can see, in the first time when you are scrolled down, the cursor is already in the right place. That second time that the app scrolls you down is what makes it feel very jerky. Other apps don’t do this.

(Sorry for the delayed response. I did not get notifications for this and I just turned on Follow Topic now)

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...