version 10.15.6 won't open after installation (windows 7)

I've been using Evernote for more than 12 years and never experienced this situation. I updated to the version 10.15.6 a few days ago per program suggestion, but it won't open any more after installation. I keep getting the error message: "Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote." with only two options: "Quit" or "Restart"-- both don't work. (Please see the attached image.) I tried uninstall, re-download, re-install, with computer restart all the time, still don't work. Does anyone experience similar issues? My laptop is pretty aged (9 years) and it's running Windows 7.

evernote.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You maybe have already 2 devices on your account, maybe older ones, even not used for a while.

Go to your account settings and check the devices tab.

It may be that EN counts the renewed installation as a new device (sometimes this seems to happen). In this case you need to be down to 1 device before you can install another one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 12:57 PM, PinkElephant said:

You maybe have already 2 devices on your account, maybe older ones, even not used for a while.

Go to your account settings and check the devices tab.

It may be that EN counts the renewed installation as a new device (sometimes this seems to happen). In this case you need to be down to 1 device before you can install another one.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to cut the device down to one before a clean reinstall again. The only difference was that, I could access the login and password window, but after I entered the data, I received the same error. 

Today I tried again with the new Evernote version, 10.16.7. Still the same error. This is really frustrating....