(Archived) iPhone IMAP preview.evernote.com Not Responding

I have attempted to setup access to my evernote account via IMAP on the iPhone. I followed the instructions posted on the Evernote site to the letter however I always get this error when I push "Save" while setting up the new mail account - "Imap account verification failed, the IMAP server "preview.evernote.com" is not respoinding. Check you network connection and that you entered the correct information in the "Incoming Mail Server" field.

I have checked everything many times, deleted the account and attempted re-add it etc.. no joy... I really would like to get this working so was wondering whether I am the only one with this problem or whether there is a fix for it.

cheers

gups

IMAP support is currently "Alpha" due to some performance issues ... we hope to address this, but it's going to take some time (unfortunately). This means that you're welcome to try it out, but it may not be as reliable as the rest of the service.

Thanks

I had the same problem last night gupmyster (on a different mobile device though). I tried it on my laptop though, and it took a long time (maybe 5 minutes or so?), but eventually worked...your iPhone, like my n800, is probably just timing out before it can connect. Hopefully it will work better as they improve performance!

• 3 weeks later...

I set up my account on my iPod Touch and couldn't get a reply from the preview.evernote.com server. Then I set up an identical account using Thunderbird on my WinXP desktop and I was able to get a (slow) response from the server.

Looking forward to testing this out once it's working a little better.

thanks.

Update: I just tried again to fetch the mail with my Touch and after a long delay, there are my Evernotes! Perhaps the only issue is that the server being used for this alpha feature is not powerful enough to keep up with demand. ... 2 min. later: ... when I tried to open an Evernote containing an image, the server timed out.

Perhaps the only issue is that the server being used for this alpha feature is not powerful enough to keep up with demand. ... 2 min. later: ... when I tried to open an Evernote containing an image, the server timed out.

This is basically correct ... the current experimental IMAP system does not handle large numbers of users, and we intend to replace it with a much more robust implementation.

Thanks

ehmmm,

I might add that in my case it refuses to give me more then 100 notes ( i have about 170). interesting is that some of the newer ones are there, some of the older ones not.

thx anyway for a great product (but i NEED off-line access to all my notes, in the cellar of my building on my winmobile phone :-) )

grts

Tom

Archived