Internal Classic Links Work with the Website Version of Evernote

On the Mac, internal (classic) links work when using the website of Evernote. On the Mac, I am able to place internal links in my other productivity apps (including Things 3, Apple Calendar, Bear, and Workflowy), and they all open in the native Evernote Desktop version 10.13.4

Instructions: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004927-What-is-the-difference-in-Evernote-for-Mac-at-Evernote-com-versus-the-Mac-App-Store-

Evernote states "While there's no difference between the (Mac App Store vs Evernote website) apps, some may prefer to have one or the other". Despite this statement, there is indeed a clear difference in internal link functionality. 

• LateToTheGame changed the title to Internal Classic Links Work with the Website Version of Evernote

Hmm....I cannot open the Evernote Desktop from Apple Calendar with the app link.  I can only open the Evernote web from Apple Calendar with the web link.

I believe my Evernote is downloaded from the website Evernote.com. 

10.13.4-mac-ddl-public (2607)
Editor: v123.0.15939
Service: v1.34.4
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

How do you do that?

Hi Tony, 

This is definitely working on my Mac. Just doubled-checked.

I'm using Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1 and, as mentioned above, deleted the Mac App Store version of Evernote and reinstalled the Evernote website version (10.13.4-mac-ddl-public (2607), Editor: v123.0.15939, Service: v1.34.4). Looks like you have done the same. 

Right click (two-finger tap) on a note and "copy app link" (do not copy the web link). Then paste into an Apple Calendar event (into the "Add Notes" section or the "Add URL" section ... either works).

If you copy the App Link, then the URL should begin with "evernote:///view/...".

If the URL begins with "https://www.evernote.com/shard/...", then you have select the web link by mistake. 

These Apple Calendar links also sync and work in iOS. In iOS, the links open the specified notes directly within the iOS Evernote app (which is fantastic for my workflow as I need these links when away from my desktop). These desktop-created links also sync to Things 3 iOS and Bear App iOS (both native apps). Interestingly, internal links work in Workflowy for the Mac (an electron app), but do not work when synced to Workflowy in iOS (I presume an electron App). 

Hope that helps and solves your problem.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.  I don't know why it didn't work for me.  Yes, the URL is "evernote:///view/...".

Today, Evernote prompted for an update.  And I did. Surprisingly, it is working now, as you describe.  Thanks.

10.14.6-mac-ddl-public (2651)
Editor: v124.1.16108
Service: v1.35.5
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved