How to show vertical list of notes on start iOS app

I see Evernote as a productivity app/platform. For such tools I prefer more (compact) information in the screen. Unfortunately I see the design of Evernote also moving to lots of blank/empty screen space and spread out info and text. Reason enough for me to deinstall Evernote 10 for Windows which I find a disaster in using screen real estate. So I went back to version 6.

Then came the iOS update. Now with the configurable home screen.... That no longer offers a simple vertical list of notes (and in a compact form). Yes, I can select the Notes "widget", but that only shows only 2(!) notes and in a horizontal scrolling view to view more. Oh, yes, it also says "good afternoon and my name". Friendly, but productivity wise a wash and a waste of screen real estate.

If I want to view a longer list of notes then I must go to the settings bar in the lower left en select "notes". So additional manual actions.

So concreet: How can I make the Evernote iOS app to directly show a vertical (preferably compact) list of notes?

Perhaps I'm overlooking something here, so please let me know.

• 8 months later...

I have the same request. I don’t use icons. I use good file nomenclatures and list views. Compact, quick to find. I’d like to be able to customize the first view that comes up, in my case to a list of notebooks. Anybody have a fix? Or know if the team is developing one?

• Level 5

It has been requested to skip the Home screen in the mobile app. On desktop it is easy, EN remembers where you left it, and returns to this view on opening.

EN does rarely (read this as practically never) comment on change requests. Since they are pretty much in love with it, I doubt it will be possible to simply skip it.

If you want to send EN PM a message, use the feedback function of the clients.