10.8 crashes and now the ONLY thing I can see is the Home Screen

Multiple crashes following install of this new version. I cannot use it on iOS at all now. 

Been a paying user for over 10 years. Works great and love the app as I (mostly) always have on Windows and Mac. The iOS version has been a pain to use for the past 6 months (search not working properly, multiple crashes) and today is not usable at all. I keep putting off the pain of moving to another app, but unless iOS version improves some time I'm going to have to. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Could you guys tell a bit more about the type of i-devices you are using and the iOS version ?

We are running EN v10 on 2 iPhones (6S+, 11 Pro Max) and 2 iPads (Air 2, iPadPro 10.5). All are current with their ios version 14.4.2 and app release 10.8.2. The older devices are slow, but usable, the new ones run OK, both with a fully downloaded offline database.

The iOS app is working +/- OK since 10.4 for us, no major issues. That just as a reference point.

When it really crashes, there are some things to try:

1. Switch the iPhone completely off and on again (cleans out memory)
    This sometimes helps when EN has vanished from the share selection
  2. Make a full un-/reinstall:
  • uninstall the app, when asked, dump all data
  • switch the iphone completely off and on again (the Apple logo must show)
  • Reinstall the app, log into your account and now wait until the initial sync has terminated

If both does not work, I would issue a support ticket.

Thanks for your help. I'm using an iPad, iOS version 14.5 (the problem isn't new though - it's persisted through recent updates). I log in using Google (in case that could be a factor). The problem affected my iPhone as well (SE 2), beginning whenever EN did its major upgrade. I could never get it to work reliably.  

I've tried the steps you suggested and no luck. 

• Level 5

The device should do, assuming it runs the latest iOS version. We run EN v10 on much older devices.

No idea about the login with Google - I keep my stuff as googlefree as possible.

If the steps above do not work, the next step would be support. You can log into EN using Safari, and use the web client to drop a ticket. If you have a problem doing so, make sure the desktop browser (not the mobile one) is selected in Safari settings (which is the default for iPads). 

Guten Abend aus Deutschland! 

Ich benutze diese App erst seit Anfang April auf einem sehr alten iPad (IOS 10.3.3 -> letztes mögliches Software-Update). Alles hat super geklappt und ich konnte die App gut für meine Universitätsarbeit nutzen. Ab heute funktioniert die App auf meinem iPad jedoch nicht mehr. Ich kann das neue Update nicht herunterladen, da mein iPad dafür zu alt ist. Deshalb habe ich die alte Version beibehalten. Aber seit heute funktioniert es nicht mehr. Ich habe schon alles versucht. Ich habe auch die App deinstalliert und neu installiert und kann mich jetzt nicht einmal anmelden.

Kann mir jemand helfen? Ich habe den ganzen Tag damit verbracht, dieses Problem zu lösen, und ich würde es hassen, diese App zu verlassen, weil ich ein Jahresabonnement habe und dafür bezahlt habe und mein Geld nicht zurückbekomme.