Adding a new note automatically add tags of the saved search

Faisal Malallah

Idea

In Evernote legacy, if I have a saved search for say all notes containing two specific tags, when I click that saved search and then I add a new note (CTRL+N), the new note will automatically come with the two tags added and it will be immediately part of the search results.

In V10, this is gone. CTRL+N will create a new note without the tags and the saved search results will be gone too. That is a super helpful feature in legacy that I wish Evernote will bring back.

• Like 2

3 replies to this idea

11 hours ago, Faisal Malallah said:

In Evernote legacy, if I have a saved search for say all notes containing two specific tags, when I click that saved search and then I add a new note (CTRL+N), the new note will automatically come with the two tags added and it will be immediately part of the search results.

In V10, this is gone. CTRL+N will create a new note without the tags and the saved search results will be gone too. That is a super helpful feature in legacy that I wish Evernote will bring back.

It is an option in the legacy version. I actively do not want it but obviously happy for it to be an option in V10. Earlier versions of V10 had the behaviour so it has either been removed by accident (a not uncommon occurrence!) or design.

image.png.751f89c72ceda875dd83b9c97e863c7e.png

@Faisal MalallahHaving looked at this again it doesn't seem as straightforward. If it is a saved search the tags are not added to the new note as you rightly say. If it is a newly created search the tags are added. Hitting the back arrow button then takes you to the search which if you are lucky (ie have waited a few seconds and the system is working well) includes the new blank note. I would certainly expect the same behaviour for both situations.

5 hours ago, Mike P said:

@Faisal MalallahHaving looked at this again it doesn't seem as straightforward. If it is a saved search the tags are not added to the new note as you rightly say. If it is a newly created search the tags are added. Hitting the back arrow button then takes you to the search which if you are lucky (ie have waited a few seconds and the system is working well) includes the new blank note. I would certainly expect the same behaviour for both situations.

Bizarre behavior of something that used to work perfectly. But then again, almost everything in v10 used to work better in legacy. We only hope that as we keep pointing these things out, the devs will fix them or bring them back. 

• Like 3