Evernote 10.6 on iOS. Whenever I open this app, it takes forever to download my notes. I am constantly getting "Note unavailable.please refresh the page or try again later. Is there a problem with servers? OTOH on Mac everything works fine. added to that, it does not appear under the tag I gave it in the tag list - on Mac.

Edited by saxophin
Missing info
  • Level 5

You can check the server status here:

If it is a specific note that is the problem, maybe use the Mac to create a duplicate of it, and delete the original one. Go to the trash, select it and delete it a second time to really remove it.

If you still have a problem, reinstall the iOS client. Uninstall, dump all data, switch the iPhone completely off and on again, reinstall the app, log in and now let it sync. Wait until the initial download is done.

Try again.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 3/18/2021 at 12:53 PM, PinkElephant said:

You can check the server status here:

If it is a specific note that is the problem, maybe use the Mac to create a duplicate of it, and delete the original one. Go to the trash, select it and delete it a second time to really remove it.

If you still have a problem, reinstall the iOS client. Uninstall, dump all data, switch the iPhone completely off and on again, reinstall the app, log in and now let it sync. Wait until the initial download is done.

Try again.

Thanks for the information @PinkElephant! Can you provide a bit more clarity on what you mean when you say dump all data? Isn't removing the app doing that? Also, how does one know that the initial download is done. I've compared total note counts between Mac, iPad and iPhone and they are the same yet the iPhone where this issue is occurring is still showing multiple recurring tasks I previously created disable, overdue, and cannot be tapped on to open. Based on subject matter of the tasks, I suspect they were a part of a specific note that has since been deleted and removed from Trash. Should I contact Evernote Support on this? Appreciate any insights you have on this. 

• Level 5

Usually uninstalling will do the job. Occasionally I have been asked in the process whether I want to keep or dump all data. If you are not asked, just proceed. Else confirm that data should be dumped.

A local database can get corrupted in a way where the note count is correct, but some functions are not working. 

Asking support is never a bad idea 👍

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, I'm not prompted to delete my data and even logging out before uninstalling/shutting off/turning on/re-installing didn't correct the issue. Problem is, I can't use tasks effectively with this problem because about 10 tasks are showing up Overdue and in a disabled state with no way to tap on them or find additional clues to try to troubleshoot. Contacting support now...

Thanks for trying!