I have a rather large, web clipped note (16 MB, 100,000 words) that bogs down my system completely when trying to find within a note.  I thought that maybe the note was being indexed the first time and then the lag would stop, but that wasn't the case.  It happens every time, and the lag is 10+ seconds with Evernote taking 40%+ of my CPUs resources.  I have seen the lag in search shown for proportionally sized notes: that is a 4 MB note would have roughly 1/4 of the delay time of the 16 MB note.

I'm not well versed in search algorithms but it could be something to do with the method that Evernote uses.  Anyone else seeing this?

Version info:

10.9.10-win-ddl-public (2439)
Editor: v119.1.15375
Service: v1.30.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Level 5*

Hi.  If your note is clipped from the web it probably contains a lot of formatting code as well as actual text,  and if it displays with all the original layout,  your system is using a lot of resources to make it look pretty.  If you save the same page in 'simplified' form,  or if you can remove the formatting from what you have,  things should speed up...

You might also look at saving the original page as a searchable PDF so an index is already in place in the document.

Thanks for the quick note.  I've actually already completed the "Simplify Formatting" step.  Should've mentioned that in original post.

Also, the page is already displayed well and I can scroll up and down without any issues.  The issue comes when I hit "Ctrl + F".  Evernote freezes for 10+ seconds and no keystrokes are recorded - no text in the box, can't scroll the note, etc..

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Unless someone else has a better suggestion then,  I think you're up to needing a Support ticket - they may be able to look at the note (if you're able to share) or your activity logs and tell you what's going on in your system.