Jump to content
  • 0

Ability to change "Created Date" for the purpose of custom sorting (IOS)


Idea

Since Evernote doesn't have custom sorting, I use a workaround where I "sort by created date" and I manually specify most of my notes "created date". While I can update my "created date" on the Mac and Windows, this is something I can't do on my IOS. Can you please add this capability? 

I'm a premium Evernote user on Evernote 10.5.1 (1110183) IOS

Link to comment

3 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, newnewyorker said:

I use a workaround where I "sort by created date" and I manually specify most of my notes "created date".

I prefix my note titles with subject date, for example: 2021-03-06 Receipt [Groceries] ...
and simply sort by title

Link to comment
  • 0
43 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I prefix my note titles with subject date, for example: 2021-03-06 Receipt [Groceries] ...
and simply sort by title

 

Fair approach. I prefer not to do this. Relying on "Date Created" has a nice default behavior when I do not specify anything explicitly. Your approach relies too heavily on manual effort that doesn't work for my worklow. Thanks

Link to comment
  • 0
  • Level 5*
56 minutes ago, newnewyorker said:

Your approach relies too heavily on manual effort that doesn't work for my worklow

A different topic but I use a script to generate note title, assign tags, ...
This enforces a uniform standard across all my notes

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...