Font Issue: All of my specialized fonts are GONE!

All of my non-web fonts were obliterated with a recent update. Though the bold, underline, italic and color formatting remains, my custom fonts disappeared. I work in graphic design, and I had dozens, if not hundreds, of notes that featured custom desktop (non-Evernote) fonts. Now they have all been reduced to "normal text." This is incredibly frustrating. Is there any way to get that formatting back, or is it gone for good?

I am currently using 10.8.5-mac, but this issue appeared a month or so ago on a previous version. I had hoped one of the recent updates would help, but nothing has changed.

It doesn't look like anyone else has mentioned this issue in the forum yet. I welcome input from anyone who has a viable solution.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
7 minutes ago, lkarbo said:

It doesn't look like anyone else has mentioned this issue in the forum yet.

Hi.  It's come up a couple of times - a search here for 'fonts' got me 839 matches,  though probably only a couple of hundred relate to v10.  AFAIK The only way to get your fonts back immediately is to use Legacy to create and save notes - the font settings are then carried through into your notes on any platform* and in any version*.  Legacy runs alongside v10.  Evernote may be expanding the font choices at some time,  but since apparently a lot of users demanded that notes look exactly the same on every device,  and the only way to ensure that was to supply the fonts in-house,  v10 was launched with these few options.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

* as long as your fonts are installed and supported by that device.

• Like 1

Thanks, gazumped! I saw several posts about fonts, but all were in regards to Evernote's fonts, not custom fonts. I understand why people would want everything to be the same on all devices, but losing original formatting in order to gain that is problematic, at least for me. Legacy may work for now (I hope), but my understanding is that it will only be supported for a short time. I guess I'll try it while looking for other solutions. Thanks again.

• Like 1