Evernote forcing me to upgrade and blocking access to my notes

I tried opening Evernote desktop for Windows 10 today and I am prompted with a message to "Upgrade to continue using Evernote on this device". I'm on the free version and have used it for years with no issue. Anyone seeing this issue?

Sounds like you're using more than 2 devices. Log in via the web and revoke access to the unused devices.

(Free users are limited to 2 devices. In the past, the webbrowser wasn't counted. It is now.)

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, gmartin said:

I tried opening Evernote desktop for Windows 10 today and I am prompted with a message to "Upgrade to continue using Evernote on this device". I'm on the free version and have used it for years with no issue. Anyone seeing this issue?

The message should also have included a link to your device list  
Access the list and revoke access to any invalid entries

Got the same problem. Wants me to revoke one of three "devices":-

laptop

mobile

web (which is my laptop browser)

Why is my laptop and my browser counted as two separate devices?

If I delete my laptop, I cant use my browser. If I delete my 'web' (browser),  I cant get onto the web. If I delete my mobile (linked to my account) and can no longer see my shopping list when I'm at the office, I may as well leave my mobile at home and take a hand written shoppin list with me.

Any suggestions as to how I / we can get around the problem?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Little Max said:

web (which is my laptop browser)  ...  Any suggestions as to how I / we can get around the problem?

As noted, this is counted as a "device"
My choice would be to drop the web access