Please stop your total cultural ignorance and stop using global keyboard shortcuts

Kukurin

Idea

I’ve been a long time happy user of Evernote. Until your last update.

How can you publish a version which has global keyboard shortcuts users cannot change? The problem is the shortcuts are in conflict with many local keyboard layouts. 

I understand your programmers have no idea there is something like Polish keyboard or they are creative apps like Adobe InDesign. But there was a feedback on your Forum asking you for a solution. Your answer is “f**k off”, we are not interested in Polish or Latvian customers. We only support pure English keyboard layout. We are not interested in Adobe software users neither, “go f**k yourselves“. 

This is extremely arrogant and ignorant approach. I cannot imagine more simple thing than a simple option in preferences: Use Global Shortcuts: Yes/No. 

I know I can use the legacy version. I do. But for how long though? What will I do when you disable it? 

I just canceled the automatic renewal of my subscription.  

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not even sure where to start with your post...

1. This is a (mainly) user-supported forum - so we didn't do nothin'
  2. You may have noticed that this new app has fixed fonts,  fixed sizes, limited exports... it's temporarily limited across a while range of things which (as of the most recent versions) are being gradually rolled back.  Options will be included.
  3. 4 hours ago, Kukurin said:

there was a feedback on your Forum asking you for a solution. Your answer is “f**k off”

Please post a link to this exchange,  because it's simply not correct.

4. 4 hours ago, Kukurin said:

I know I can use the legacy version. I do. But for how long though?

At least (I would hope) until the features in v10 are the equal of those provided in previous versions,  because I also am continuing to use the legacy version.

5. 4 hours ago, Kukurin said:

I just canceled the automatic renewal of my subscription.

Entirely your choice.

• Like 3

Hi, I am sorry, I tried to reach Evernote developers. I didn’t realize this is a user-to-user forum, many forums like this are observed by company staff who respond to critical comments. My message is obviously targeted at Evernote. (I tried to reach the company via contact form and yes, the answer was “f**k off”; obviously, they used more polite wording but the meaning was the same.)

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Kukurin said:

(I tried to reach the company via contact form and yes, the answer was “f**k off”; obviously, they used more polite wording but the meaning was the same.)

Sorry but I don't believe Evernote would give you that specific (and direct) an answer.  You  may have misunderstood exactly what was said - what was the question,  and the message you received?

On 1/31/2021 at 12:41 PM, Kukurin said:

many forums like this are observed by company staff who respond to critical comments

This one is too. But what we (users) consider critical can easily be different from what the company does. And often there simply is no good response to some the of criticisms, so they refrain. (Yes, I know from personal experience - I worked there for 6 years. Some of us were a little more willing to post here than others.)