How to reduce image file size in Evernote 10?

In the old Evernote, I would open my images in Preview, reduce the size and then save back to Evernote. I can still open the images in Preview and reduce the size, but given that I can't save the edited image directly back to Evernote, I'd need to save it locally and then re-upload it to Evernote, which is not ideal. Does anyone have any workarounds for this? or other ways to reduce image size? 

I've tried using the little blue handles to resize the image, but as far as I know this does not change the actual MB of the image, but if it does, then happy days!

• Level 5

The best option with v10 is to reduce the image size before loading it into EN.

Not a good solution, but when it is loaded, it means saving it externally, resize and create another note with the optimized content. This is worse and by no means an efficient workflow.

Or use legacy with the traditional options, as long as it is available. The resized images will sync to the server and to the v10 client.

• 2 years later...

Is this still the case in 2023? Came here hoping to find a way to downsize (file size) the image after uploaded. For photos I need to upload to forms I am often limited in the file size I can upload, it would be great to be able to store multiple sizes potentially to retain the initial high quality photo while having lower quality ones for old websites with small upload sizes.