App won't open for use---only to screen announcing update

I have not been able to access or use my Evernote app on iPhone for several months, if not longer. Initially, it kept crashing. Then an update was installed. Now the app opens but I cannot access anything within the app. For a quick second I can see a screen that says new note at the bottom then it switches to a screen that says Welcome and tells me all about the new update and the ease of use. NOTHING opens then it crashes. This is extremely frustrating. I have used Evernote for many years. I cannot access anything on my phone. All of my saved notes can be accessed on my laptop when I log in to Evernote but I need access on my phone much more frequently than laptop. I am at the point where I am ready to get rid of the app all together and switch to a completely different note app. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling?  There's nothing much else you can do with a mobile device.  You might have also been caught by the device limits - Basic users are restricted to 2 devices,  so your 'phone and laptop are it.  The web app (if you have used it) also now counts as a connection,  and some users have been caught out (and locked out) by having too many  authorised devices...  Go to this web page to check (and delete) devices https://www.evernote.com/Devices.action check