Cannot open PDF's in evernote versions 10 and above

Hi All. I have seen a few people with the same issue as me, but wondering if anyone found a fix. This issue is really causing me some distress. I have 1000's of PDF's in evernote for work and ever since an update in late 2020 I can't open the PDF's anymore. 

The odd thing is that it works in Legacy, and the web version. So it's not my files that are the issue. But I don't want to pay premium for an old version of evernote. And I don't like the layout of web to be honest. 

I am on version 10.6.9 right now, and when I attach a PDF, and then try and open it, it tries to open an executable file, so my company blocks it. See image 1

So then if you try and download the file, it saves as a PDF, but try and open it, and you get a message saying Adobe thinks its a corrupt file - Image 2

But then head on back to Web version and the attachment opens fine - image 3

The problem for me is that I keep updating to new versions and due to my company's IT security I have to get IT support to raise a ticket and log in as administrator to do it. evernote is not a supported program so they are starting to lose their patience with me.

Does anyone have a fix ? 

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

I think this is related to the AVG virus software described here because they both quote powershell.

Despite some people saying the problem had been solved by AVG I never got it to work so I switched to different anti-virus software and now have no problem. Obviously in a company environment you don't have that flexibility. Sorry, not good news.

1 hour ago, Mike P said:

I think this is related to the AVG virus software described here because they both quote powershell.

Despite some people saying the problem had been solved by AVG I never got it to work so I switched to different anti-virus software and now have no problem. Obviously in a company environment you don't have that flexibility. Sorry, not good news.

Thanks mate 

yeah that sucks !! Only thing is they have been using the same antivirus for years. Wonder why it’s only effecting Evernote now 

4 minutes ago, SimonPenhaligon1 said:

Wonder why it’s only effecting Evernote now 

V10 is completely different from earlier versions in order to produce a cross platform product (rather than the existing system of numerous different code bases). The powershell problem with AVG is not limited to just Evernote but several other completely unrelated apps as well. I don't know whether EN can solve it or it's down to the anti virus software. The cynic in me says they will spend the next few years blaming each other and not actually solving the problem!

• Evernote Expert

In this one, I'd definitely put the onus to resolve on AVG.  Their virus tables are incorrectly identifying the presence of this particular POWERSHELL virus/issue.

Other anti-virus companies have willingly and quickly reviewed the problem and updated the virus tables. For some reason, AVG hasn't been able to or willing to.

• Like 1