Upgrade from Evernote Plus to Premium

So, having invested a lot of my time with Evernote I want to expand my usage, but how do I upgrade? Made my decision and not looking to debate value for money, post version 10 issues.

lots of buttons to click though to the current offer, all just hang and take me nowhere, this is from a Chrome browser on a desktop and also from within the app on iOS.

currently pay annually via iTunes with my current subscription ending in June 2021, so how do I get from Plus to Premium for the rest of current subscription? Happy to start a new subscription but again how?

what are the options?

Never had so much aggravation to spend money

Thanks in advance for any help.

Keep safe all

• Level 5

Here is how using the web client (translated from German, maybe it is not 100% accurate):

Go to the EN web site, log in, let the web client load (Remark: When I opened it, I was greeted with the new Home start screen. Very nice ! Still running legacy on my Mac, so this is not my daily experience).

Click on account information, right below your name top left

Account overview, go to „subscription admin“. Change subscription.

If it does not work, you can issue a support ticket, ticket type „Account issues“.

AAF6BD7A-1ACC-4E51-8A5B-15DFCAE9B7ED.thumb.jpeg.761adbffcdd65f7e8df8803f550f3126.jpeg

Many thanks for the suggested route, unfortunately the only option shown is to cancel my subscription.

I have clicked through the Upgrade button but am not getting any further.

I will submit a ticket.

Once again thank you for your time in looking into this for me

👍

• Level 5

Don’t think so. I Once had to cancel my Premium because I had EN points, and wanted to use them. This was only possible by letting my Premium subscription (iTunes) expire. I quit, it stayed on Premium (support said the account level does stay for about a week after the termination date, and they send a reminder), I used up my points, and after that I resubscribed. 

If you want to be sure, you can ask support with a ticket, select „account“ as ticket type.

Lots of credit to the Support Ticket team, they responded within hours, initially suggested:

To upgrade your Evernote account to Premium through iTunes, take the following steps:

1. Log into Evernote on your iOS device.
  2. From the “All Notes” page, tap the Account icon (the person icon in the menu bar).
  3. On the following page, tap View Upgrade Options.
  4. On the “Evernote Premium” description page, tap the desired payment frequency space at the bottom of the page.
  5. On the “Subscription Details” page, read the payment details and tap Continue.
  6. On the popup sliding up from the bottom of the page, select Confirm.
  7. Enter the password for your Apple ID and select Sign In.

This didnt work for me, and it appears my downfall is paying annually for Evernote Plus through Apple

"Since you are subscribed to Evernote Plus through iTunes, we will need to wait for your account to downgrade to basic first which is on June 18, 2021 (based on the screenshot), before you can subscribe to Evernote Premium."

So I would say this is resolved, but not particularly satisfactorily, pretty disappointed to be honest 🤷‍♂️

NB Evernote Plus is a legacy product which as I was paying each year kept rolling over.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

It was the same for me, when I needed to discontinue my paid Premium in order to use up my points.

However, you can discontinue the subscription at any time, let it expire, and bump it up then. When it gets close to the date when it expires, you usually get a notification (I got several ...). My account stayed Premium for about a week after "THE" date, so I had ample time to get my points used. Same 6 month later, back to paid after the points were used.

Your account is not gone, it will (worst case) slip to Basic. No data is lost either, they will for example not truncate notes too large under the Basic plan. So there is no risk at all in following this procedure.

Apple does run all subscriptions the same, so I don't think EN has a say in how to handle it.