Allow exports even if Basic user is on an unregistered device

isthisme

Idea

I'm on the Basic plan, and unable to migrate away from Evernote because my notes can only be exported on desktop, it's not one of my 2 registered devices, and I used up both my  unsyncs already.

After logging in to the desktop app, I get a popup saying to upgrade to premium or be forcefully logged out. This popup should have a "Export all my notes" button so I can recover my notes and use them in other apps. My notes are essentially being held hostage for a month.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, isthisme said:

I'm on the Basic plan, and unable to migrate away from Evernote because my notes can only be exported on desktop, it's not one of my 2 registered devices, and I used up both my  unsyncs already.

If there's an urgent need, you can subscribe to a paid account for a single month

• Like 1
18 hours ago, DTLow said:

If there's an urgent need, you can subscribe to a paid account for a single month

I don't want to, so as not to encourage dark patterns in software design. Not even 1 cent. I will spite myself for 1 month rather than increase a single fraction of a number on the weekly reports of whoever made the decisions that lead to this.

But I see that once again, you delete my post instead of leaving it up. Was this not a valid feature request then? Is this the wrong forum? No. You're deleting on-topic threads just to keep your unpaid moderating you donate your hours on. Maybe at the beginning your goal was to help Evernote users, but evidently, somewhere along the road, that no longer became the priority, it became a distant 2nd to feeling important being one of the unpaid janitors of Evernote, scrubbing away any notion of bad PR. I don't want to even imagine what your real life must be like. Good luck with you and your grand mission you chose to spend your life on.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, isthisme said:

But I see that once again, you delete my post instead of leaving it up. Was this not a valid feature request then? Is this the wrong forum? No. You're deleting on-topic threads just

I have not deleted any of your posts
My moderator activities are restricted to forum assignment and merging common discussions