Performance Comparison: Evernote 10 vs. Evernote 6

I decided to do a test comparing Evernote 10 to the legacy version. I performed a simple task: searching for a bit of information in a note. Since Evernote 10 doesn't feature the Global Shortcut Keys option, I had to simply launch the app and do things the quickest way I could. Evernote 10 took almost 6 times as long and took more mouse interaction, which is a workflow breaker for me.

Fair enough, although as it is, I always have to make sure to quit the new Evernote when I'm done, because it commandeers some keyboard shortcuts that my other applications use. As far as I know there's no way to change those. I wish they would bring back the old configurable Quick Keyboard Shortcuts. So for my daily use case, this is an accurate representation of the work involved.

1 minute ago, Peter Romero said:

Fair enough, although as it is, I always have to make sure to quit the new Evernote when I'm done, because it commandeers some keyboard shortcuts that my other applications use. As far as I know there's no way to change those. I wish they would bring back the old configurable Quick Keyboard Shortcuts. So for my daily use case, this is an accurate representation of the work involved.

As I said, even if you quit EN, it remains alive in background and it starts up much quicker (unless you kill it)

1 minute ago, eric99 said:

As I said, even if you quit EN, it remains alive in background and it starts up much quicker (unless you kill it)

You're right, but I always have to kill it... otherwise it still holds those key commands hostage. I need Ctrl+Alt+S in another app, but if EN is running in the background, it will intercept that for a screen capture. So every time I need it, I have to launch from scratch.