Filter without sub-tags by default

Is there a way to enable this behavior by default? Right now, if I select a parent tag, it will only display notes with the parent tag as well as all sub tags. I can click the options for the tag and select "filter without subtags" but would rather not have to do that every time. I know you used to be able to change this in the preferences menu, but seeing as there's no preferences anymore I'm not sure what to do.

Failing a solution to this, does anyone have any tips to manage large groups of tags without the use of parent tags? Thanks.

12 hours ago, rodasahara said:

Is there a way to enable this behavior by default? Right now, if I select a parent tag, it will only display notes with the parent tag as well as all sub tags. I can click the options for the tag and select "filter without subtags" but would rather not have to do that every time. I know you used to be able to change this in the preferences menu, but seeing as there's no preferences anymore I'm not sure what to do.

Failing a solution to this, does anyone have any tips to manage large groups of tags without the use of parent tags? Thanks.

I agree completely. The current behaviour makes no sense. Who tags a note with the parent and every single child tag? You are right that thiere is an option in the legacy version but even this is a choice between selecting the single tag or the parent OR any of the child tags.

The good news is that in the current web version (10.5.1), which is ahead of the desktop version (10.4.4), selecting a tag in the sidebar selects just that tag. I hope this is a conscious decision rather than a "mistake" (you are never quite sure with EN). Hopefully then, we will get this behaviour on the desktop version in the not too distant future.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 1:33 AM, UsoppGod said:

I still do not see it in Web. Selecting a tag auto selects all the sub tags. Its a such a pain.

Unfortunately there is a bug in 10.5.7 (Desktop) or 10.5.6 (web). It's gone back to selecting all child tags as well. However if you collapse the sidebar and then select a tag it chooses only the top level tag! I'm sure this is not intended behaviour so I hope the that the behaviour will end up being selecting only the tag clicked.