(Archived) Contacts

Are contacts coming back as a type of note? If not, that's cool, but if so, I'd like to make these suggestions:

- Sync w/ Thunderbird, Outlook, Now Contact

- Now Contact like fields for an entry in terms of home phone, address, e-mail, work phone, address, e-mail, cell phone, fax, notes, website, etc. instead of just the 7 existing fields

- Associate a "phone message" note type (if those come back) -- or any note type -- with contacts whose phone #, e-mail, or website addresses appear in the note

- Associate an e-mail clipping from Thunderbird, Outlook, whatever with the contact(s) whose e-mails are in the from or cc fields of the clipped mail

- Associated notes display in the notes list when a contact is selected

Thanks.

- S

Are contacts coming back as a type of note? If not, that's cool, but if so, I'd like to make these suggestions:

- Sync w/ Thunderbird, Outlook, Now Contact

- Now Contact like fields for an entry in terms of home phone, address, e-mail, work phone, address, e-mail, cell phone, fax, notes, website, etc. instead of just the 7 existing fields

- Associate a "phone message" note type (if those come back) -- or any note type -- with contacts whose phone #, e-mail, or website addresses appear in the note

- Associate an e-mail clipping from Thunderbird, Outlook, whatever with the contact(s) whose e-mails are in the from or cc fields of the clipped mail

- Associated notes display in the notes list when a contact is selected

Thanks.

- S

Uh-oh! The PIMies are back! :roll: Was hoping the 3.0 beta would finally kill that myth off! :shock:

Why the roll eyes? Is it such a horrible idea? I can understand wanting to focus on one thing at a time, but if you are going around saying this will help you offload your memory, and calling it an extension of your brain then yeah, personal information manager, or at least personal information collector doesn't sound so far off.

It's named everNOTE but they seem to be pushing the vision that it can be more than just notes. Personally, I have a horrible memory and hope someday someone does come up with a great app, accessible everywhere (something I love about the current beta) that does help me manage any sort of information. I find a note loses half the value to me when I can't set a reminder for when to follow up on it.

TODO: Meet Jim for lunch May 10th, 1pm, at Pizza Schmizza has less value to me if I can't be reminded of it the day it is supposed to happen, then pull up Jim's phone number, then have a meaningful place to attach the picture of the wine label and receipts from lunch :)

I'm really struggling to find an app to help me with my horrible memory. Any suggestions? I've checked out ToDoIst.com, RememberTheMilk, GoogleCalendar and a few others and they all seem to want to segment what I'm supposed to do from what I've done. I want a timeline, is that such a rare request. Remind me of what I need to do, let me store info about what I have done, and someday let me search and find it again.

Currently I'm splitting my time between EverNote Beta and OneNote. OneNote synced with outlook actually does a fair job of everything I need, but it's portability functions are lacking. I have then synced between work and home, but I am one of those few people here who actually uses EverNote at other people's homes. Just this weekend I was working in the garage at a friends house and needed to remember to buy some parts that we found broken on my motorcycle. I just logged onto preview.evernote.com and made a quick todo note, it worked great. Would have been even better if it could have sent me a reminder email or sms message to my phone but at this point I'm just checking my todo list daily which works almost as well.

If I really need to be reminded of something that I can't forget I'm syncing my Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar, which then will send me reminders to my phone. Great in concept and works in a pinch, available everywhere, but all of the syncing back and forth manually still feels like a pain in the rear.

-Shane

Archived