[Fixed in Version 10.3] bug: sketching: saving of larger changes never finishing - content lost

Hi, I just played around with the new feature „infinite workspace for sketching“ - pretty cool, just resize and move the workspace (whiteboard) around as you need and continue to draw and paint at any position. Pretty cool (I now that feature from OneNote).

Problem: after a while (e. g. 5 or 10 minutes with lots of drawings) Evernote doesn‘t complete the save process anymore (I can see the small busy circle - but never completes). After force quit and re-start the note still exists, the sketch does not reflect recent changes. If you tap on the image to continue or re-try your sketching Evernote recognizes „unsaved changes detected“ and asks whether to restore or not. After „yes, restore“ it again tries restoring forever, nothing happens.

So, another nice new feature - unusable 😞

Support Ticket #3218427

Update: It seems I found the problem: if you create a new empty note first and then add a sketching I CANNOT reproduce the problem.

If you create a new sketch directly using the green + button (see snapshot) and just start create a new sketch the save process fails.

Baaahw, after changing an existing sketch the save fails again.

11BE1292-E563-48A8-93A6-72BBFAD06F53.jpeg

• stocky2605 changed the title to bug: sketching: saving of larger changes never finishing - content lost (possible cause found)

if you're in trouble with a sketch (e. g. I was not able to sketch an image anymore, it just showed the annotate button as we know it from PDF files) try using to sketch (to update) the image using your Mac / PC - this recovered my image so I was able to change it again using iPad Pro and Apple Pencil (much more fun than on a computer) - but save continues to fail on iPad.

Sketching doesn't work for me on iPad because I'm not able to reliable save my changes.

• Thanks 1
  • stocky2605 changed the title to bug: sketching: saving of larger changes never finishing - content lost
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • stocky2605 changed the title to [Fixed in Version 10.3] bug: sketching: saving of larger changes never finishing - content lost