Evernote Legacy Not Syncing the past two days

I have Evernote Legacy installed on Windows 7, the latest version of 6.25.2.9198. It stopped Syncing two days ago, Sunday 29 November at 8PM EST. (It had worked fine since October). The Sync icons spins away for a long time. Eventually it stops, and an exclamation point appears over a red circle.

I logged-out, deleted the program, closed miscellaneous Evernote programs (through Ctrl-Shift-F1), downloaded the Legacy again, and yet it still isn't syncing the last two days work. Advice?

Version 10 is out of the question for me. It is 10x slower, and 3x fewer features, compared to Version 6.

Sync.JPG

• Level 5*

Hi.  You could try uninstalling with Revo Uninstaller Free which removes everything to do with a specific application,  unlike the main Windows uninstall process.  Also restart and download/ install from this location - http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.25.1.9091.exe - which is the last public release.  I don;t know what the difference is between that and 6.25.2,  but it may affect your experience...

Thanks for the ideas gazumped. I have now tried all that you suggested (Revo Uninstaller, restarted, downloaded the version from your link). Still has the same result, mostly.

A few of the notes from today came through. But overall, the Legacy is 20 notes short.

I've been using Evernote since 2009. The more I see of this new version 10... [don't go there, RobMac]

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, RobMac said:

A few of the notes from today came through. But overall, the Legacy is 20 notes short.

Hi - sorry to hear that.  Are you using the new version as well?  If you can find the missing notes in v10,  it should be possible to export them to ENEX files and re-import them to your 'old-version' database as 'new' notes.  As I said,  I don't know what differences there are between the official 'Legacy' version and the original public release - which is the link I gave you - but syncing notes between the two versions might be part of your issue...

I'd suggest you concentrate on using just one version exclusively for now,  and wait for the updates - that seem to be coming thick and fast - to get v10 up to a better standard...

The Legacy version is now fully working. Here's what I did...

• Uninstalled both Legacy and Version 10 using Revo Uninstaller
  • Deleted directories:
    • C:\Users\myname\Evernote
    • If there were any other Evernote folders, I deleted them, e.g.:
      • C:\Program Files
      • C:\Program Files (x86)
  • Rebooted the PC
  • Installed Evernote 6.25.1
    • I don't see myself using Version 10 for a very long time. Perhaps Version 11 will meet my needs.
The Revo Uninstaller worked great. Thanks for all the suggestions, gazumped, they helped me think this through.

With 8,000 notes, it took a couple of hours to sync. Now every file agrees 100% with the web client. All is happy in Everland.
  • Like 1