Notes Gone After Upgrading to 10.4.3

Hello,

I have installed the latest update after having been prompted to do so by the desktop application of evernote. Until this version there has been no problem with the transfer of all my notes, recent changes included. After the latest update however, half of my notes are gone. I have already checked evernote web and try to salvage some but no luck with that, the notes are missing there as well.

Anybody got an idea how to get my missing notes back? Would an older version of evernote help?

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Shan Lang said:

Anybody got an idea how to get my missing notes back? Would an older version of evernote help?

Were the missing notes stored in a local notebook? V10 does not support them. If that is how the missing notes were stored, and if you have a backup from before you upgraded, then installing the legacy version should give you access to them again.

I guess they were, same as the other ones. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any backup I have made consciously. Also the weird thing is, the other notes, who appear in different notebooks are still here and accessible...

Should I instal the legacy version nevertheless?

Also, thx for the help!

• Ex Employees

@Shan LangThis means that the legacy app is not syncing the notes missing from the web app and our new Evernote for Windows 10 app. You can either export them from the legacy app and import them using version 10  to sync them, or send the activity logs from the legacy app to me in a DM here. I can check them for sync errors. Thanks.