Encrypted notes no longer viable on Desktop

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I have a Windows 10 desktop.  I *upgraded* to the new version of Evernote today.   Argh!   My encrypted notes no longer work like they used to.   I can't edit the text in the encrypted notes.  In an attempt to get around this I decrypted the note and encrypted it again.   Not only does it not let me edit, but all my formatting was lost.  This is not workable for me.   Can I somehow get back to an older version that works?  All my important notes are encrypted.  HELP!!!!!!!

• Like 1
On 11/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, kgroneman said:

I have a Windows 10 desktop.  I *upgraded* to the new version of Evernote today.   Argh!   My encrypted notes no longer work like they used to.   I can't edit the text in the encrypted notes.  In an attempt to get around this I decrypted the note and encrypted it again.   Not only does it not let me edit, but all my formatting was lost.  This is not workable for me.   Can I somehow get back to an older version that works?  All my important notes are encrypted.  HELP!!!!!!!

Suffering  exactly the same problem - note encryption is now unusable - why cant developers leave good things alone and stop the so-called 'improvements' ?!!

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, kgroneman said:

An option, thanks, but that stinks.  I pay for this thing BECAUSE of the encryption.  I don't know if a good alternative exists out there.   Onenote has encryption.  Maybe I'll have to check that out. 

On 11/23/2020 at 10:56 PM, kgroneman said:

Can I somehow get back to an older version that works?

I was responding to your earlier post - and with respect - you paid for the older version and (I'm guessing) it was working for you.  Why not go back to it for a few weeks while Evernote get themselves sorted out?  Even if you eventually have to find an alternative,  you don't have to do it now...

I have the same problem. My important notes are encrypted and I really can't stress enough how disturbing it is to feel that the EN developers don't give a ***** of my most precious notes. I am dependent of EN in my professional life - to be given the message that I should return to an unsupported version is simply not good enough. I really need to find an alternative. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, jeom said:

return to an unsupported version is simply not good enough

I'd imagine tens of thousands of existing users,  including myself  - plus all 'power' users - are still using either the last public version (6.25.1) or the Legacy version (6.25.2) until such time as various features like import folders and encryption are incorporated in the new releases. This forum will continue supporting those releases - in so far as we can - until the contributors here are forced to update or migrate away.

I was forced to download the new version last night and was horrified to find my encrypted notes were no longer working. I have so much irreplaceable data in those notes that I will be devastated if I lose them.

This needs to be fixed as a priority.

Until then, I have downloaded and will use the legacy version until I can be assured the full version has gone back to encrypting properly.

• Like 1