"AltGR+S" keyboard shortcut - conflict with local language keyboard

Yes, here comes Estonian š with same problem (for the Legacy desktop as new version is unusable).

Very annoying as I keep Evernote mostly open on background and it halts everything.

Please fix it, or Evernote is losing its purpose for other-language-users.

• Like 1
On 11/21/2020 at 7:05 PM, rafalkoehler@gmail.com said:

Hallo. Under the key "AltGr+S" in Poland, we have a letter "ś". When my Evernote runs in the background, or when I want to type "ś" (AltGr+S) my Evernote shuts down and snipping cutting tool opens. Very frustrating as letter "ś" is used quite offen. How can I deactivate the "AltGR+S" keyboard shortcut, please? Regards, Rafal

I learned it the hard way: if you are non-US keyboard user (like Polish, Latvian, Turkish, International-English etc) - the only solution so far is NOT to use Evernote v10, use Evernote Legacy (v6) or web version. I downgraded to v6 ("Evernote Legacy") and started looking for alternatives because Evernote development isn't going in the right direction.

• Like 1

Be aware that OneNote for windows 10 (the free app) is not much different from Evernote v10 - it is simplified, cloud-based app with no local store, that requires constant internet connection. OneNote 2016 (the legacy, offline note taking app) is paid app, part of O365 subscription.

• Level 5

Probably is is in the „add settings“ package that will be released in a future release. I don’t think they will isolate just the shortcuts.

In the meantime, install legacy. It can be done alone, or even side by side with v10:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

In addition to the "foreign" character fiasco, there is also a problem with spell check - all non-English text is considered incorrect and has pervasive red underline. Didn't find any place to change those settings. Very very irritating. Who could think that English is considered the only proper language (as at the same time Evernote accepts payments from non-english countries without problems). 

Please fix those problems as soon as possible - here are people who have put their trust on Evernote with their workflows and are in trouble now.

Hello, could you please solve the keyboard shortcuts issue? Let users to change/disable them? It is in conflict with other apps I use. For the first time in many years, I have to quit Evernote before working in Adobe InDesign, this is pathetic!

• 1 year later...

Very annoying thing indeed. Luckily thanks to this thread being searchable I was able to track the problem down to Evernote, which I had no idea about when I had realised I couldn't write an "ś" anymore. It happens in all programs, not only Evernote. Very annoying, let me repeat that. 

Also luckily I found a keyboard icon in the bottom left corner of Evernote. It says "keyboard shortcuts" when you point it with your mouse. Click that, find the Ctrl-Alt-S (it's making a screenshot I think), and change it to something harmless. Now the "ś" is back. I'm using the newest Evernote version on Windows 10 Pro. Good luck!

• Haha 1
On 12/19/2021 at 8:24 PM, Jakiś ktoś said:

Also luckily I found a keyboard icon in the bottom left corner of Evernote. It says "keyboard shortcuts" when you point it with your mouse. Click that, find the Ctrl-Alt-S (it's making a screenshot I think), and change it to something harmless. Now the "ś" is back. I'm using the newest Evernote version on Windows 10 Pro. Good luck!

Fortunately after few months they ADDED basic keyboard shortcuts configuration to "new" Evernote. It wasn't there for months...