Version 10, Evernote Menu Bar Helper Changes/Possible Bug

I recently upgraded to Evernote 10 for Mac and noticed today that the Menu Bar Helper has changed quite significantly and also has a possible bug:

I used to frequently use the helper to temporarily store screen grabs or portions of the screen or windows for use in e-mails etc. without actually converting them to notes almost like a clipboard.  The new version creates the notes automatically meaning I will need to go to Evernote to drag them back to e-mails.  This also means that each grab is converted to a single note where I would often make a note with multiple grabs.  Would it be possible to have the choice as to wether the screen grab is kept available in the helper or automatically turned into a note?

I take screen grabs quite often when running apps under Parallels, doing this today I clicked on the Capture Selection button and the menu remains visible on the screen rather than hiding.  This means I cannot grab the portion of the screen under the visible menu?

I hope this makes sense, if any further information is required then please do let me know?

Many thanks and kind regards,

Patrick,

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem when doing capture selection. Menu remains visible instead of going away like it used to. Can't believe the released it like this. Used to use it to capture confirmations when buying something etc. Anyone know of a solution?

Double down on the Hard +1 @freudianslip  This is a key feature that has kept me Premium since 2009 - use it EVERY day - both Capture Selection and Capture Window fail, and Capture Screen instantly grabs everything with the Evernote Helper dialogue box blocking the page and sends it to the repository.

Sync and send have been problematic for a while - seems first capture regularly got stuck and needed a second capture to push the job through - could live with that.  This is unusable. 

• 2 weeks later...

also noted that the menu bar icon disappears whenever I close Evernote.  not able to clip without opening Evernote - Boo.  I want a way to keep the Evernote Helper active, even when Evernote is closed.  I've searched, can't find any of the following preferences anymore (clipped from my other computer that still has 7.14):

screenshot.thumb.png.34665a2d9bac3af45eadb0843dea5304.png

also all of these preferences from 7.14:

screenshot.thumb.png.c1f735d0ad4609b7115b4492103b28db.png

are not findable in 10.5.7

the only thing under preferences in 10.5.7 is a toggle whether or not to save data at LogOut.

• Like 1
On 12/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, dbfowler said:

Double down on the Hard +1 @freudianslip  This is a key feature that has kept me Premium since 2009 - use it EVERY day - both Capture Selection and Capture Window fail, and Capture Screen instantly grabs everything with the Evernote Helper dialogue box blocking the page and sends it to the repository.

Sync and send have been problematic for a while - seems first capture regularly got stuck and needed a second capture to push the job through - could live with that.  This is unusable. 

Note that the Evernote Helper has been fixed - worked back and forth with support and restored the Capture Selection base functionality.  Does not build the posting in the Evernote Helper window as previous, but puts each selection into Evernote and then I have to stitch together.  Not ideal but workable

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2020 at 12:56 PM, dbfowler said:

Note that the Evernote Helper has been fixed - worked back and forth with support and restored the Capture Selection base functionality.  Does not build the posting in the Evernote Helper window as previous, but puts each selection into Evernote and then I have to stitch together.  Not ideal but workable

also, still does not offer the option to install helper only on login (without opening the full Evernote app).