Attachements differ after update

Hi, I struggle with some attachement issues. I used to attach a pdf file to a note, open it from the note in adobe and then maken annotations with adobe. When I saved the pdf file, it would automatically choose the file location of the attachement of the pdf in the note. After the update, this location were I can save the pdf file is gone. So I checked it and the location were Evernote saves the attachements changes continuously for the same file. This was not the case before the update. The address on my windows laptop always began with C:\users\name\Evernote\Databases\Attachements\. After the update this is changed to C:\users\name\Appdata\Local\Temp\Attachements\and then a string of numbers with will change each time you open the attachement. (see picture)  So I have to save the attachement to a local folder on my laptop, remove the attachement from the note and attach the changed attachement to the note. I don't like this workaround. I use this a lot, not only with pdf files, but also with Mind Manager files, Word etc. So my workflow depends on the use of attachements in a note, opening them from the note and saving in to the note. 

Is this a bug, is it something that will be fixed, or is it just part of the change?

Greets,

Paul

image.png.43d8b0d78b1338ef864e49c89c2c127c.png

Edited by pkb
incomplete info
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, pkb said:

So I have to save the attachement to a local folder on my laptop, remove the attachement from the note and attach the changed attachement to the note.

You should not have to do this; it is handled automatically by the Windows/Mac processing

>>and then a string of numbers with will change each time you open the attachement

I think the "string of numbers" is the computer generated file id for the attachment.   
The actual filename is stored as metadata

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I still have to do the workaround, because pdf files don't generate a file location. So there is no recommended place were I can save it, which means it will be a random place like "my downloads" and this will not update the file in the note. The Mind manager files will be a different location every time, like you can see in the picture. I did not choose those locations, Evernote genereated them. A new location each time seems problamatic to me.