Filtering back to the way it was?

lightnin93

Idea

I use tags for notes I'm working on.  In the past when I would click on the tags it would display all that are found in the notebook.  When I try that now it just shows me all the tags that exist.  Not the ones that were being used.

So far the new version looks really nice and most things I like!  Keep up the good work.

Thank you,

Andy Johnson

User since 2008 and paid member for many of those years!

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, lightnin93 said:

In the past when I would click on the tags it would display all that are found in the notebook. 

You have my vote for a filtered tag list    
Note - this wasn't restricted by a notebook; it applied to the current note list context

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You have my vote for a filtered tag list    
Note - this wasn't restricted by a notebook; it applied to the current note list context

You're right.  The list of tags would get smaller as you drilled down to filter out what you wanted.  I used it a lot.  I have more tags than I can keep track off.  Some notebooks I would use them like a characteristic on the note. 

Like a recipe notebook.  I could pick the chicken tag, then it would list only the tags in those notes.  I could quickly drill down to find the right chicken recipe I wanted. 

• Like 1

Another bump for this.  Nice to see the recent update putting it back where it used to be.  The way it currently works seems like it should be part of the search function. 

Then make the filter inside the Notebook to only show the items relevant to that specific notebook.