Mac OS Showing 2 Elephant Icons in Menu Bar

Hi all,

I am a longstanding user of Evernote, but just noticed that possibly since the last update to Evernote 10.3.6, I now have x2 Evernote Elephants in my Mac Menu Bar at the top right of my screen. I am running Mac OS 10.15.7, and i have checked my system to see if there is only one version of Evernote running which there is, however one of the menu bar elephant icons seems to function as a quick note, and one doesn't, just brings up a grey window with nothing in.

I tried to raise a support ticket, but find that as I am a "free" user you dont get support unless you upgrade!

All help much appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-11-10 at 16.45.30.png

• Like 1

I am having this issue too! I think the blank one is from “Old Evernote.” I have removed it from my startup items, at least, as it doesn’t seem to be compatible. I just sent in a support ticket asking if the Helper app could still run in the background, even when Evernote isn’t running, as the new Helper icon disappears when you quit Evernote.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DrPuppet said:

I am having this issue too! I think the blank one is from “Old Evernote.” I have removed it from my startup items, at least, as it doesn’t seem to be compatible. I just sent in a support ticket asking if the Helper app could still run in the background, even when Evernote isn’t running, as the new Helper icon disappears when you quit Evernote.

Hi.  The 'Legacy' app will install and run alongside the new v10 app.  It includes all the old original features which may not yet be available in the new app.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote