Note List View Pane Cannot Be Expanded

Hi,

Evernote desktop client version 10.3.6 (just updated from 10.2.4) on Windows 10.

It seems the Note List View pane cannot be expanded past a certain point of width.  I have a widescreen display, and I like my Note List View in List mode to be quite wide so I can see all the fields.  But for whatever reason, after upgrading from version 6 to version 10, this pane cannot be expanded beyond about 880 pixels, no matter how large the Evernote window is.  If I try to drag the pane wider, it just pops backwards.  I attached a screenshot that shows the element I'm trying to drag wider to the right.

I can get used to this new version (even though I'm not thrilled with the Search changes), but this particular limitation is quite frustrating.  Am I missing something?

Thanks.

2020-11-10 10_32_01-Search Results - Evernote.png

• Like 1

While I normally work with the 3 pane view (sidebar, note list, note), I can see benefits of being able to turn off the note pane and only view specific notes when you wantb to by double-clicking the note in the note list so that it opens in a separate window.

This doesn't appear to be a bug per se, more a use case issue - it probably ought to be on the Feature Request forum, if it's not already there.

• 4 months later...

This limitation is infuriating and I doubt it is hard to fix. This does not exist in the legacy version.

The maximum width limitation applies to the note list pane whether it is Snippets, Cards or a Side List.

I have particularly noticed this since moving on to a large monitor.