v10 is the worst upgrade ever in my 8 years with Evernote

First I really appreciate Evernote being such a great product. I'm thankful for all the time and effort in developing this tool. It's been great...until the recent update. Let's be frank: it's a complete *****. The new look is so awkward and does not allow the same amount of customization. When you magnify the note, it magnifies the panels too. Seems like the whole thing is on HTML!? I know little about software design, but this is more terrible than my grade 12 programming project. It's also slower than the legacy version, too. The shortcut keys don't work any more. I can't switch accounts quickly or use two accounts at the same time. 

I mean, it's fine for me cuz i know how to revert back to the old version. But there are a lot of people who don't know how to do that. It's so so irresponsible to release such a terrible formal version and ask people (many are busy business people) to update to it. Evernote. you are going to lose a lot of customers this way. You will also decrease your rating in app store. I don't know who decided to authorize this release. 

This is some of my opinion. Again, appreciate the effort though. Keep improving! It is a fresher look than the old version. I believe in you! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Could you explain how to revert to an older version?

I agree with you. This update is a disaster. It's borderline unusable with constant freezing and un-intuitive controls. Shortcut keys no longer work as expected.

• Evernote Expert

I think that this move has been very badly communicated. Use of terms like upgrade and even update mislead users into thinking this is a move forward. The truth is that it is a rebuild and it is evident that it is going to be some time before v10 gets back to the range of options/functions that were in v6.25.

In fact I doubt that all the things that were present before will reappear. That said, I already have some missing things back so there is hope and we are promised that the javascript/Electron development will enable faster attention to new  or reintroduced options. So I look forward to seeing how this goes. 

I'm told version 10.3 is coming soon.

• Like 1

I have to agree, this new version of Evernote is BS.

I hope that there is a way to revert to the older system. I have been with EN since the beginning and each new version brought new advantages and benefits. Not so wit this version. I now actually dread using it!

Well, looks like you guys were lucky in being able to get it to run after install.

After I "upgraded" I only saw a blank screen for hours. Opened a support ticket and got the "encouraging" message that I need to wait 10 - 12 days for a response, pathetic.

@gh08809 Thanks for the link to the "legacy version" that saved my day

• 3 weeks later...

To clarify "Evernote v10 Nonsense"

1. Did evernote do any user acceptance testing and sample survey your customer base?

2. Evernote v10+ looks like a fatclient wrapper for the Evernote web version, and it's worse than using Flash (or is it Java? or is it Go?).

3. For Evernote corp's info, Evernote had long standing issues people have asked to fix (formatting, tables, undo that works, etc ). Replacing mediocrity with incompetence is not a solution. v10+ completely lost keyboard shortcuts (go ahead and just shove a ribbon down our throat).

Sincerely with love,
EverFrustratiion

• Thanks 1