Dutch translation of Code Block incorrect

• 1 month later...

Hi VinceBokk,

That codeblock option can be found in the Note editor -> Add (the blue circle/+) dropdown (where also the options are to add a table, checkbox etc.). What it does is to format the text that you enter as code. Hope this helps.

Bert1415900253_screenshotcodeblock.png.4f708559f6202dd6915779c5786724ed.png

53 minutes ago, VinceBokk said:

Oke thanks for your info. And whick code can be put in it. I'm searching some examples so i can get an idea what i can do with codeblocks. 

It's very limited. It is just plain black monospaced text. There is no formatting or language specific options. I do find it usedul for small snipets of code if I'm making notes about some new trick I've learned.

The easiest way of inserting a code block is to type three back ticks followed by enter.

• Level 5

It is important if you write code (= computer programs) that you produce a clean, plain text without invisible characters. This type of characters can ruin the execution of a program. Monospaced, because a single or a double space bar can produce different code as well.

This is the meaning of code block text. You can use it for any text, it will just not allow for any formatting.