Cannot move Notes between Notebooks

Hey everyone.

I have a basic account and my buisness partner has a Premium account.

My business partner has set up all the master notebooks and we have notes inside them which i can edit.

Since the upgrade of the app I cant seem to move any of the notes in side the note books to other note books.

It keeps on telling me i need permission to move this note. Which is weird as im part of this shared notebook .

Is there somthing im missing here since the upgrade? its really slowing down me being able to be productive as we have multiple folders i have to move things between but cant do it now on the latest update.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.53.07.png

• Like 2
On 10/23/2020 at 2:55 AM, CHUCKYMM said:

Hey everyone.

I have a basic account and my buisness partner has a Premium account.

My business partner has set up all the master notebooks and we have notes inside them which i can edit.

Since the upgrade of the app I cant seem to move any of the notes in side the note books to other note books.

It keeps on telling me i need permission to move this note. Which is weird as im part of this shared notebook .

Is there somthing im missing here since the upgrade? its really slowing down me being able to be productive as we have multiple folders i have to move things between but cant do it now on the latest update.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.53.07.png

Having the same issue. Since the app update, Notebook owner (paid account) has re-shared 4 x Notebooks across to me. I've received and accepted the sharing invitations via app, however the previous ability to move notes between Notebooks is still unavailable. Completed 3 x computer restarts to try to force the changes through. Notebook owner re-shared Notebooks a second time - this time I accepted via the web to see if there was any difference in performance to no avail.

This is negatively impacting our small business as the ability to share details for client delivery is severely compromised by not having access to move notes between Notebooks.

I am having same issue, I can move notes in and out of my notebooks but not the shared notebooks, even though Notebook owner has given me all  editing permissions. We both have Premium and up until the update this was not an issue. This has been ongoing for almost two weeks- I wish they could come up with a fix, I love Evernote but this is really becoming a problem 

Same.  Horrific bug that someone with edit access cannot move notes in.  Standard flow is "Are you sure, users with access to folder XXX will see your doc" or something similar, with a "do not show this again" option.  Please fix asap!

Well, here’s what I got from tech support....

“Thanks for writing back and for providing additional information.

I understand that you are unable to move notes from your personal folder to a shared notebook, and this feature is crucial for you since this was easily available in the previous version.

However, moving notes to shared notebooks is currently not supported on the new version of the Evernote application. Our team is aware of this limitation and is working on a fix.

As a workaround, you can copy the contents of the note, then create a new note on the shared notebook and paste the contents from the original.

On the other hand, please note that your feedback is incredibly valuable to us so we built a new "Send Feedback" button into the app to make it quick and easy for you to send us your thoughts. The green button is located at the bottom of the navigation menu and the comments go directly to our product team. I encourage you to use the button to submit your feedback.

Let me know if you have any other concerns or inquiries.

Best regards,

Anna A.
Customer Support Representative

• 1 year later...

I've got the exact same problem and nothing could fix it...

My mobile app for iOS is working perfectly fine as well as the browser/web version, but the MacOS app does not allow me to move notes and I don't see the other notebooks. It's extremely inconvenient and frustrating and I wish that Evernote fixes this.

I've been a user for a long time but I don't enjoy the app as I used to - it's very slow and now this function doesn't work, also the sharing function is terrible...

I am considering moving to Apple Notes if the Evernote app doesn't improve in the next 2 months...

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 14.10.44.png

• Level 5

You could try this on the Mac:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
If it does not work, next step is probably an uninstall using a helper like AppCleaner. It will remove all components and allow a clean reinstall.

Or ask support.
On 11/24/2021 at 9:47 PM, PinkElephant said:

You could try this on the Mac:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 
If it does not work, next step is probably an uninstall using a helper like AppCleaner. It will remove all components and allow a clean reinstall.

Or ask support.

Thanks PinkElephant, I had the same problem. But now fixed it.

• Like 1