Its definitely a bug in the ne version. I just downloaded it and it crashes my annotations all the time. Especially with the highlighter.  Please Evernote fix this as past as possible. This is by the reason grad students use the app

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ex Employees
On 10/11/2020 at 7:02 AM, ajp17 said:

Its definitely a bug in the ne version. I just downloaded it and it crashes my annotations all the time. Especially with the highlighter.  Please Evernote fix this as past as possible. This is by the reason grad students use the app

@ajp17 Thank you for reporting this issue. Would you be able to share the pdf that you are trying to annotate. Also, is annotation breaking for all the pdfs or just one particular pdf?

• 3 weeks later...

Did the ability to annotate image files go away too?

image.png.0b761a09fd13595237b0af0603da45b9.png

I cannot annotate or crop this image in Evernote anymore.

Update on the issue → This is a SVG file, so it looks like I cannot edit that. JPG and PNG seem to be working.

6 hours ago, TK0047 said:

Did the ability to annotate image files go away too?

Well this one is a can of worms! In your case it is just the file format but there are other instances where this happens. Normally, for example if you paste in an image from your hard drive, it works fine and you get the pencil edit icon in the pop up above the image.

image.png.7f58eef6c579521716937f8fa4517336.png

If you paste an image in from a website it only pastes a link to that image. Look at the size of the note.  One of the implications of this is that you cannot annotate the image because it's not actually there. The other, in my mind even more serious implication, is that if the website changes or deletes the image it will change or delete the image from your note. EN are completely failing to protect the integrity of our data by allowing somebody else, in effect, to edit our notes.

image.png.2d72f1c8e715178494a2a515fcc3bcba.png