Search suggestions are very limited

• Level 5*

Search suggestions are limited to just 2 notes and 5 tags. Is this by design? I would definitely prefer if the tag search suggestions are unlimited as they have always been...

Now when also the tag page isalso broken for me, so that I can't search for tags in there, I have no way to find my tags..

• Level 5

@gustavgiWhat do you mean with „the tag page is broken“ ?

When I go to the iOS 10 client, open the side view (notebooks etc.), and scroll down, there is a tag section. I can open it, here I have my tags - for the first time in iOS with the tag hierarchy, which is a big „+“ of the new iOS client. I can simply tap on a tag, it takes a little, and a window shows all notes tagged with this tag. Very easy, very visual, I prefer it over a real search, which is possible as well.

PS: You can create new tags there as well, and edit existing ones. This has been moved from the settings to the main app window.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

@gustavgiWhat do you mean with „the tag page is broken“ ?

When I go to the iOS 10 client, open the side view (notebooks etc.), and scroll down, there is a tag section. I can open it, here I have my tags - for the first time in iOS with the tag hierarchy, which is a big „+“ of the new iOS client. I can simply tap on a tag, it takes a little, and a window shows all notes tagged with this tag. Very easy, very visual, I prefer it over a real search, which is possible as well.

Yeah, that tag section is broken for me.

I have a lot of data (40.000 notes, 1.000 notebooks and 50.000 tags) and I don't think they developed the new version(s) with their max limitations (100.000 notes, 1.000 notebooks, 100.000 tags) in mind..

Regardless, I prefer if the search function shows everything and not a couple of suggestions of what it thinks I am looking for as that is almost always going to be wrong as I have too much data for it to be able to guess that accurately.

• Level 5

As I said to your other post, I doubt the function is broken. I think it just did not load completely.

I had problems with my offline notebooks before installing 10.0.2. Download got stuck, and did not restart even while trying to motivate it to do so. Probably your download of tags and structure got stuck as well (just my best opinion on this).

10.0.2 seems to be stable in this aspect, it keeps downloading even if interrupted.

I deactivated the auto-off function, kept the iPad on a power source and alive for 2 days, download size is now 17GB.

The new tag function is really one of the most positive aspects of the new client. Finding the notes with that tag when tapping on a tag is very fast. Notes appear int he found-list within 2-3seconds. I have started to clean up my tag hierarchy that I had neglected in the past because it would not show on the iPad.

The only downside is that the search is limited to 128 notes - so if you tap a very widely used tag, it will only show 128 notes. But then probably searching by tag only is anyhow not the way to go. There is a tag counter at each tag that will tell you if a tag is used more often.