Evernote Mac: A Keyboard Maestro Macro for renaming Notes and updating Links in other notes

finnmatti

(You'll need Keyboard Maestro for this)

Somewhat in the same spirit as my other posts (autocomplete helper for tags and notes) I offer a Keyboard Maestro Macro to enhance the functionality of Evernote.

This time the macro is used to change a note's title and update the links to this note in other note. See the following gif:

cRvEjb8.gif

Setup/Usage

1. Pick a note to rename
  2. Press your hotkey for the macro
  3. In the prompt enter the new title of the note
  4. Note the notifications for the macro: There is one at the beginning of the update of the links and one in the end.
  5. Wait until the macro is finished. Done!

Installation/Download

Just download the file and drop it onto the Keyboard Maestro App Icon in the dock, or double click the file. Afterwards you want to add a hot key trigger (I use cmd + option + E) to it.

Evernote - Search and replace Title.kmmacros

P.S.: See also my blog post about this.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Thanks so much for posting this. Much appreciated!!

I use ios shortcuts to create notes. This way i do not have to open Evernote on my phone. Sometimes however, words are not separated in the title and this needs to fixed afterwards by going into Evernote and correcting the titles one by one.

Example: TheGame instead of The Game

Can this macro be used to adjust the title of multiple notes at the same time? So let's say i have 100 notes named TheGame. I would love to be able to select all these notes and then use your KM macro to adjust the titles in one go. Can this be done?

My very best,

M

• Level 5*
On 9/28/2020 at 5:24 AM, finnmatti said:

Evernote Mac: A Keyboard Maestro Macro for renaming Notes and updating Links in other notes - (You'll need Keyboard Maestro for this)

A KB Macro executing applescripts

I use an applescript directly without the KB macro
My purpose is not so much renamimg; as to enforce a naming standard for notes, along with tagging
yyyy-mm-dd type [subject] keywords
where yyyy-mm-dd is the subject date
      and type/keywords are tagnames