Reminder badges not showing without opening the app

Go to solution Solved by Jack Lynch,

On previous iOS versions of Evernote, reminders badges appeared at the date and time of each specific reminder. 

I noticed this morning that the reminder badges now only appear when you open the app, not at the date and time of the reminder. This is happening on both my iPhone and iPad running IOS 14.

Is this a bug, or the new normal for version 10.0?

Thanks.

Hi Steve, by badges, you mean the notifications that show up at the top of the screen at the reminder time, right? If so, this is definitely not the new normal - you should be receiving them.

I tested on iOS 14 and haven't been able to reproduce the problem. To confirm: in your settings, do you have Evernote notifications set to "Allow"?

Hi Jack, by badges I mean the red dot with a number that appears on the iPhone/iPad Home Screen. Before the update the red dot would automatically appear at the time of the reminder even if the Evernote app was closed. Now the red only appears if I open the app. The reminders still appear as notification banners at the time of the reminder (with app closed). I like having the red dot on the app icon so I don’t forget I still have things to do on my reminders list. I have badges and notifications set to “allow” in my settings. 

Screenshot 2020-09-22 at 4.54.54 PM.png

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...