(Archived) Search by title and url

• Level 5*

For searches in the Title field, use the 'intitle:' search string: e.g., intitle:evernote.

I don't know if the URL field can be searched; it doesn't say anything about it in the help docs (I used the one for Windows 3.5).

~Jeff

• Level 5*
If you need to search for a URL, just copy it to the actual note.

I think the idea is that you build your pile of notes, then Evernote gives you the tools to search and filter them. URLs are extra attributes that are captured in clipping; why should we need to replicate them manually into our notes?

As our little piles of notes grow "ever" larger, the search tools become more and more important.

~Jeff

• Level 5
Jefito wrote:

why should we need to replicate them manually into our notes?

Well, maybe I was wrong, but I assumed the fellow was looking for a solution.

So I offered him a way to accomplish it immediately.

If his post was simply a request to enhance the Evernote search capabilities, no harm no foul.

• Level 5*
Jefito wrote:

why should we need to replicate them manually into our notes?

Well, maybe I was wrong, but I assumed the fellow was looking for a solution.

So I offered him a way to accomplish it immediately.

If his post was simply a request to enhance the Evernote search capabilities, no harm no foul.

Probably was a bit of both, it's just lately I've been thinking about scalablity of our note databases (think 10 years down the road or more), so better search tools will probably be necessary. Manually replicating data manually that's already captured (and actually understood as a URL) seems a waste. Didn't mean to step on your workaround, as I know it was given with good intentions, so sorry about that.

~Jeff

Archived