(Archived) Privacy

Everything needs to be encrypted! The Web sync stuff is a direct ripoff from Groove. But at least they encrypted everything strongly. What expectations of privacy do we have from Evernote concerning out notes?

Jim Rome

For technical reasons, the IMAP interface is labeled as ALPHA and we are not actively promoting it until we have a chance to address its functionality. We do plan to offer SSL for IMAP and POP3 in the future before those technologies are launched into full beta.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi,

after quick reflection I decided to post my question here instead of starting a new thread.

Are there any plans for SSL-ing the whole connection and not only the login part of it? I really can't cope with idea that my private thoughts and ideas will fly clear text in the pipes. Not sure about the others may be it's just me.

Anyway thanks for the good program and I'll surely go on using 2.2 :)

Are there any plans for SSL-ing the whole connection and not only the login part of it? I really can't cope with idea that my private thoughts and ideas will fly clear text in the pipes. Not sure about the others may be it's just me.

Yes, the Premium service will include SSL for all communications (in addition to vastly higher monthly transfer limits, etc.).

Archived