Entry point not found on startup

Was using Evernote last night and it was working fine. Then when I open up the desktop app this morning I get two error messages and the app will not start.

This is really strange as I did not update the app or my OS between today and last night. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Evernote and still get the same error messages.

When I look in the file path both of the .dll files are in there. Why can't evernote find them? Are they corrupt?

I already tried troubleshooting the issue using the instructions in this article and nothing seemed to work:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/procedure-entry-point-could-not-be-located-in-the-dynamic-link-library#:~:text=The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library,-Download this PC&text=This error can occur if,has gone missing or corrupted.

The error messages are as follows:

The first one:

Evernote.exe Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ASN1BERDecOpenTyp2 could not be located in the dynamic link library
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CRYPT32.dll

The second one:

Evernote.exe Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ASN1_SetEncoderOption could not be located in the dynamic link library
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WINTRUST.dll

• Level 5*

Hi.  Something fairly fundamental seems to have happened to your Evernote setup.  I'd suggest uninstalling Evernote using Revo Uninstaller Free, powering the whole system off and back on again,  and then re-download and reinstall Evernote from the Evernote.com website.  If you then still get odd messages,  run a full virus scan because the errors that you are seeing are not part of Evernote's normal operation - even when it goes wrong.