(Archived) colored code/text is pasted a little wrong

evermullah

Idea

Hi support,

copying a colored-text from another applicaton (here from a windows virtual machine program),

is wrongly pasted into EN.

original text:

test text 2

becomes:

test text2

(no space between text and 2 )

can you please fix this, because for pasting mulicolored source-code this is very important not to loose valid code!

2 replies to this idea

I just tried pasting your sample below from Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and it worked fine.

So this isn't a general "colored text doesn't paste correctly", but rather an interaction between how one application puts things into the clipboard, and how Evernote takes it out.

So it would be helpful to know if there are specific common applications that cause this.

Thanks

I just tried pasting your sample below from Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, and it worked fine.

So this isn't a general "colored text doesn't paste correctly", but rather an interaction between how one application puts things into the clipboard, and how Evernote takes it out.

So it would be helpful to know if there are specific common applications that cause this.

ups, sorry, i must have had overseens your post.

after reading this post,

i'll wait a little bit and try the EN4 version with some formattin issues i had in the past time.

i'll then report which "bugs" still exists and how to (hopefully) reproduce them.

as for now, mostly of the "badly formatted" source-code which EN produces (imho, because pasted in every other texteditor/application works fine), comes from a virtual machine, which runs a windows XP or W7 and its pasted to the EN3.? version on my mac.

its ultra-edit or notepad++ or winword for windows or sap-gui, where the correct formatted text comes from.

cheers,

Archived