Make stacks shareable

lmchatton

Idea

Please make stacks shareable. Everyone is already used to the tried and true folder/file structure and Evernote should work the same way. I really don't understand why stacks aren't just folders or why we can't have subfolders/subfolders/subfolders under stacks. It's very limiting. Especially so when I want to share a stack. I started a stack for the car I got for my daughter, called "1994 ES 300". Under that, I have notebooks names ES 300 Info, ES 300 Service, ES 300 Parts, etc. But now that I want to share her car stack with her, I have to individually share each notebook instead of simply sharing the stack. It's cumbersome and doesn't need to be.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, lmchatton said:

Please make stacks shareable

Evernote never implemented Stacks as an element (not shareable)
Instead, a Spaces element is being used, and is shareable   
Spaces are currently implemented for Business accounts - no timetable for other accounts

>>>Everyone is already used to the tried and true folder/file structure and Evernote should work the same way.

Folder structure is an archaic relic;   
instead, Evernote provides two metadata fields - notebooks and tags

>>I really don't understand why stacks aren't just folders or why we can't have subfolders/subfolders/subfolders under stacks

Some users emulate folders using the notebook/tag trees    
Tags were implemented as a hierarchy and support unlimited levels

35 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote never implemented Stacks as an element (not shareable)
Instead, a Spaces element is being used, and is shareable   
Spaces are currently implemented for Business accounts

So, even though I already pay for Evernote and can share notebooks, I should now have to pay double to start using a completely new feature/element? Doesn't sound very streamlined or friendly.

>>>Everyone is already used to the tried and true folder/file structure and Evernote should work the same way.

Folder structure is an archaic relic; Evernote provides two metadata fields - notebooks and tags

You're saying that the "new" way of being able to browse your information isn't really browsing at all, but, in fact, searching for information that you may not remember well enough and then having to comb through the data in some sort of result window? Again, doesn't sound very friendly. Do you have an example of how this should work? Maybe a tutorial on YouTube?

>>I really don't understand why stacks aren't just folders or why we can't have subfolders/subfolders/subfolders under stacks

Some users emulate folders using the notebook/tag trees    
Tags were implemented as a hierarchy and supportj unlimited levels

Again, it would be really great to see an example of this. Maybe everyone else just "knows" how to implement these tools but it doesn't seem obvious to some of us.

Also, using tags and metadata might be fine for some people or organizations that are built for that or have people around to explain how to use them with real world examples. The rest of are stuck having to deal with people and companies who really don't know these things and couldn't care less about metadata.

I used to love Evernote years ago when it first came out because it seemed like the perfect place to store my notes. However, the past few years have shown that Evernote cares a lot more for businesses who can afford to be charged $15/mo/user than it does for the average citizen. I try to run certain parts of my family life like a business so we can all get what we need and want and make things as easy and efficient as possible but, as a family, we certainly don't get paid like businesses do. It's a shame that good things end up being out of reach.

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, lmchatton said:

I should now have to pay double to start using a completely new feature/element?

Not recommended   
I'd suggest redirecting your request to implementing the Spaces feature to Premium accounts