Unable to Sync / Account info times out

alisonhinson

Idea

I'm on a Plus account. I'm trying to sync my web version to my iPhone and Mac. It doesn't sync at all.

When I try to check my devices on my Account settings, the account settings always time out.

I have thought about deleting the iPhone app, but I'm afraid I will delete all of my information.

Help!

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Evernote works by storing the main copy of your notes on its servers ("in the cloud"). Very little information is stored on a mobile device, so uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote there is actually one of the more common ways of fixing problems on a mobile device.

But there's more than that going on here, since the Mac is also not synced, and the account settings time out. That last strongly suggests an issue with your connection to the Internet, or at any rate with your connection to Evernote (the problem could be on Evernote's end or somewhere in between). Give it some time and see if it resolves itself would be my advice.

Another possibility is that you're logged into a different account on the Web than on the other devices. It's surprisingly easy to accidentally create a new account by logging in with a different email address, for instance. Check that you're using the same credentials everywhere.

If the issue persists after trying these things, then since you're on a Plus account, it might be worth contacting technical support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new.