I recently had to fix my phone over technical issues which result in my phone go back to factory settings. Weird thing is when i reinstall evernote i can't login to my account (i login via google btw), instead of logging me in it keeps telling me "email is already registered". I'd be fine with this if my browser version was saving my data on the mobile app for the last 4 months, but NO, it saved NOTHING.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  From your original post I take it that you can see your notes in the browser version,  so apparently nothing is lost - just that your phone won't log in correctly.  How about uninstalling / restarting / re-downloading and reinstalling the app on the phone?  (And are we talking Android or iOS here?)

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  From your original post I take it that you can see your notes in the browser version,  so apparently nothing is lost - just that your phone won't log in correctly.  How about uninstalling / restarting / re-downloading and reinstalling the app on the phone?  (And are we talking Android or iOS here?)

Yes i can see my notes on the browser, except i lost all the data i saved on the phone from February to now (yet somehow the other note i made during April was saved, probably made on the browser). It's like it rewinded my data back to February.

Yes my phone isn't logging in correctly, it keeps thinking i want to register when i'm trying to login.

Reinstalling the app is the first thing i would do when my app isn't working proper, it didn't work.

I'm using Android.

• Level 5*

Well that's just weird.  There's no current issue (AFAIK) with notes not being visible in Android,  or in being able to log into the app...  You're posting in an Evernote Business thread - is that correct?  Are these notes in a business or a personal account?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Well that's just weird.  There's no current issue (AFAIK) with notes not being visible in Android,  or in being able to log into the app...  You're posting in an Evernote Business thread - is that correct?  Are these notes in a business or a personal account?

may have been personal

• Level 5*

If you're a Business user,  you'll have priority access to Evernote Support.  You're showing here as a Basic user which (I think) means this personal account is not connected to a Business account... if there's some doubt which account the notes are in,  maybe that's the issue?

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, SomeUser said:

may have been personal

I asked whether you were posting notes in a business account or a personal account,  and (as above) you seemed unsure.  A Business account (as I understand it) normally comes with an attached Premium account for each individual user,  which would have a different set of notes from the global business library of shared notes.  A basic account - which is what you're showing as using here - could be your own personal account too.  If you have more than one account I wondered if you had saved the notes in a different one from the one you were looking at....

Well if you put it that way then it's a basic but i only use one account, so there's no chance of me mistaking the saved notes. Back to the main issue. Judging from what you have said, there's no fixing this problem? I mean i've tried every known methods and they're all fruitless.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, SomeUser said:

Well if you put it that way then it's a basic but i only use one account, so there's no chance of me mistaking the saved notes. Back to the main issue. Judging from what you have said, there's no fixing this problem? I mean i've tried every known methods and they're all fruitless.

So I moved this from the Evernote Business forum to the Android forum. 

Mobile devices don't typically have any notes stored locally - for reasons of the limited space usually available,  any time a note is created or edited away from a network connection the content automatically syncs back to the Evernote servers where the main copies are kept.  Evernote Web is the server version of your notes,  which should be complete.  It's almost impossible to 'lose' notes in the way that you have unless something is very wrong with the device.  If your missing notes are important it may be worth upgrading to premium for a month to get access to email support - or you could try connecting via Twitter and @EvernoteHelps

(This is a -mainly- user-supported Forum. Although Evernote staffers do read the posts here, and there are Admins to keep everyone in line,  there's no guarantee when that will be. If you need help on a technical issue,  we can offer advice from our collective experience but Evernote support is available (for subscribers) via the website link, and (for everyone) on Twitter @EvernoteHelps or via their Facebook community.)

53 minutes ago, gazumped said:

It's almost impossible to 'lose' notes in the way that you have unless something is very wrong with the device.

Well i had my phone go back to factory settings recently, could be that. But it's not supposed to act like this, is it?

As for the data, guess the impossible happened, and now i can't login with my phone.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...