(Archived) Feature Request: Coping Text From Pictures

triwithms

Idea

I'm sure this has probably been covered before and is in some future roadmap, but it would really be useful to be able to copy text that had previously been recognized in a picture.

I have hundreds of notes with addresses and contacts that I'd like to be able to select a window over a portion of the address and click copy.

I have a premium account (under a different email address).

2 replies to this idea

I was going to ask for this exact thing as well.

Another bit of request related to this, would be could there be a way to change the OCR text. IE say I have a business card, but evernote didn't convert the name quite right, if I could right click on the text and replace with the correct text, that would be nice for future searches.

Also it would be a nice indicator of if the ocr had gone through that note yet.

Either a symbol would show where the converted text was, or perhaps there would be a right click selection for show converted overlay.

Another option might be to right click and copy all of the converted text from that image to the clipboard. (Perhaps a bit easier to implement)

Another bit of request related to this, would be could there be a way to change the OCR text. IE say I have a business card, but evernote didn't convert the name quite right, if I could right click on the text and replace with the correct text, that would be nice for future searches.

You can always type the correct wording into the note. When scanning business cards, I normally make the title of the note the company and/or person's name anyway. Makes it easier to identify the one I'm looking for (in list view) when searching on my tag "business cards".

Archived