images disappeared while editing note text

I've just edited a photo note to add some text before the image and the image disappeared. No way to recover it.

Here the steps I've done (windows 10 desktop):

1. placed the cursor before the image and added some line breaks. The image move to bottom, regularly.
  2. added some text before image (I can see the text and the image)
  3. synchronization
  4. image vanished! I tried everything to recover it but nothing to do!

This is a serius problem, for a paid account.

Is there a way to recover the image? I have not any other source.

If not, is there a way to make image deletion more secure? (an option that once enabled ask for confirmation on deletion on image?

TIA

tony

• Level 5*

Hi.  I have occasionally accidentally highlighted an image while editing and managed to delete it by replacing the image with my typing,  but images don't disappear on syncing.  I recovered from my fumble-fingered typing by hitting Ctrl-Z immediately afterward to 'undo' the last action.  But that option expires fairly quickly. 

I also have a daily local backup of my database in case of serious loss.  If you have no backups,  the only other option might be Note History,  which requires an upgrade to Premium,  even if only for one month.  But beware that since your 'Plus' level of subscription is no longer supported,  you might have to choose between continuing as Premium,  or reverting to Basic.

As a subscriber you do have access to Support - you might want to check with them to see whether you would be able to upgrade temporarily, then revert to Plus - or whether they can suggest anything else...